How to Fertilize your Trees the best way!
fertilized trees are happy trees!
Fertilizting your trees is very important! Just like you and I need to eat, trees are live, breathing organisms as well, and ALSO need to eat. Once a year at least in fact.
In clay soils, trees should generally only be fertilized every year, and in sandy soils, they will usually need fertilizing twice a year!
That’s it. You need to eat once a day, and your trees only need to eat once or twice a year. My hope is to teach you exactly how to fertilize, using a method that is easily available to you.
My assumption is that you don’t have the $8K-$18K for the equipment that the professionals use, so I’m simplifying and giving you the best way to fertilize your trees without using the expensive equipment that the pros use. It’s called Vertical mulching, and it’s one of the best ways to fertilize your trees!
How to do it:
1. Drill holes in the soil that are 1”-3” wide, and 6”-8” deep. Stagger the holes in a brick-laying pattern all throughout the soil underneath where the tree’s canopy is. We consider this area to be within the “dripline,” or area underneath the treed
2. Backfill 2” of each hole with an organic, slow release fertilizer.
3. Backfill the remainder of the hole with organic compost.
4. Sit back, and enjoy your beautiful trees grow and thrive!
What you’ll need –
1. high powered battery drill, or low powered, corded drill
2. a 1”-3” “earth auger” bit that fits your drill ... you can find one HERE
3. fertilizer – slow release, organic kind … if possible :D
That’s it. The reason we dig deep and bypass the grass when fertilizing trees, vs. just doing a granular spread, is because chances are, you have other grasses and plants that will steal almost all of the nutrients that you put down.
It’s important to go down deep when fertilizing tree roots, and this is the best method that I’ve found to do so without spending the big bucks to have it done professionally!
If you’re the type that would rather just get it done right by the pros, feel free to call us at the number below or click HERE and we’ll enter you into our drawing to get a free fertilization!
Thanks much and look forward to helping you with your “Green Pets” (trees!)4
My Best, Always,